Friday 11 October 2013

It's my birthday, and I'm feeling generous... and curious!



I love birthdays. I always have and I probably always will. (But check back in with me when I turn fifty to see how that’s going.) They never feel like a year gone, but a year gained: another year of memories and life experience. I tend to hang out with people older than myself a lot, so I’m actually always excited to get older. (And to get presents.)

This year, I’m turning 23 and I’ve never felt better. Okay, so 22 was possibly one of the worst years of my life, but I feel like I’m taking some important lessons away from it, and I’m really happy to be turning a corner and just looking ahead. This is probably the first year that I’ve felt different on a birthday, and it’s a strange but liberating feeling. It feels… powerful. And I’m going to take that power and run with it.

But first, let’s get 23 off to a good start! I have one paperback copy of “The Truth About Riley” to give away, and three e-books. I’m happy to ship the paperback anywhere in the world, and if you’re a runner-up who already has an e-book copy of “Riley”, I’ll hold that thought and send you a free copy of the sequel when it’s released next year.

To enter, just leave a comment with your name and either:
a)      Your favourite birthday memory;
b)      Your favourite memory of being 23; or
c)      Your favourite birthday scene in a novel, and why you love that scene.

I’ll leave this open for 48 hours for entries, and draw the four winners on Sunday around 5p.m. EDT.

2 comments:

  1. My favourite birthday memory....when I was 8 my mum arranged a picnic party and went of and left a trail of yellow wool tied to fences and trees for me and my friends to follow. I had no idea where we were going (to the nearby woods) and it was so exciting. When we finally found them there was a huge picnic and party games (We are talking 30 years ago, no soft play areas or bowling parties then). My 21st was also a blast - but I'm not sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm trying to obtain a copy of The Truth About Riley and can't seem to. Any help much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete